Creative Food Art Portraits by Hong Yi Sharvinzlife@gmail.com


Hong Yi is an artist/architect from Malaysia known as, ‘the artist who loves to paint, but not with a paintbrush’. She also goes by the nickname ‘Red’ because Hong sounds like the word ‘red’ in Mandarin.
Last month, Hong challenged herself to create a new piece of food art for every day of March and share the results on Instagram. There were only two rules:
1. Only food can be used
2. The creations must be placed on a white plate, which serves as the backdrop

In a recent interview.
“My ‘creativity with food‘ series has helped me push the limits of my creativity, and has taught me to work within the confines of a very small area – my previous works range from 1 x 2 to 3 x 4 meters. I’ve learned to slice, dice, stir, boil…who would have thought I’d need that to do art!”
 
cherry tomatoes, nori and soy sauce


watermelon, watermelon seeds
 
 squid, squid ink

 nori, apple





 red onions, mint leaves


Dried chilli, with peanut butter as mortar; Ground: peanut butter and dill; Chimney smoke and clouds: Mayonnaise; Wolf: Charcoal bread, and olives for nose; Lines: Marmite



 egg shells, hard-boiled egg

 long-grain rice and nori


chopped carrots, white radish, dried prunes


ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, oyster sauce



by Sharvinzlife

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Follow him @ Twitter | Facebook | Google Plus